Friday, April 2, 2010

iPad Apps at First Glance

I blogging to you via my new iPad. I'm already in love with the keyboard and the screen lock feature but we'll save that for another blog post. I've already downloaded a few social apps that users may find interesting upon first use. Here they are:

Tweet Deck
As I've mentioned in past posts, the Tweet Deck iPhone app is among the slowest Twitter apps on the market. However, the iPad app (so far) doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem. The columns are beautiful, you can set them to refresh at any rate you wish and so far I've seen little to no lag time when I set the refresh rate to one minute.
Bit.ly Tools
Bit.ly recently released Bit.ly Tools for iPhone and iPod Touch. Unfortunately the link shortening service has yet to release an iPad app. To get started with the iPhone app on your iPad, just drop a link into the shortening box, click "shorten" and the app will generate a trackable Bit.ly link.



This blogging app works with just about any blogging service including Blogger, Wordpress, Moveable Type, Live Journal and the list goes on. I had a couple problems with saving a draft. The save button only appears when you click the title of the post, otherwise there is a photo icon. I'm actually using BlogPress write now to type this post. I'm able to add media, links and basically do whatever I could on a computer. I've very please with this app as blogging is one of the primary reasons as to why I bought an iPad.



This post was written from my iPad....Please excuse any grammatical or capitalization mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment